How to deactivate your Apple ID account
We teach you how to disable an Apple id account. The following is an easy way to create an Apple ID account
And its information is very simple and detailed information is given below.
You will find step-by-step information on why an Apple Id account is deactivate and here.
How to Deactivate Your Apple ID Account
- Open a web browser on your Mac, PC, or iPad, and navigate to privacy.apple.com. The option is not available on iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID email and password. Answer any security questions two-factor authentication on another device if prompted.
- On the Apple ID & Privacy page and click Continue.
- Under Deactivate Your Account and select Get Started.
- Select a reason for deactivating your account from the dropdown menu, such as “prefer not to say,” and select Continue.
- Review the checklist of important things to know before deactivating your account and select Continue.
- Review the deactivation terms and conditions, check off the read and agree box, and select Continue.
- Choose how to receive account status updates: the email used to create the Apple ID
- A different email address, or by phone. Then select Continue.
- Print, download, down the unique access code, which is needed to contact Apple Support regarding your request
- including if you wish to reactivate your account at any time.Then select Continue.
- Enter the access code to confirm that you have received it. Then select Continue.
- Review the important details one more time and select Deactivate Account.
- Apple will confirm it is working on deactivating your account on the website and in an email.
- Apple says the process may take up to seven days.
- Your account will remain active while verification is in progress.
- Remember to sign out of the Apple ID on all devices and web browsers before the account is deactivated.
How to deactivate your Apple ID account on Mac
The first part involves signing out of your iCloud account on Mac.
Keep in mind that your Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Notes, Safari, Photos and more will no longer be synced.
- On your Mac, click on the Apple icon in the Menu Bar and open System Preferences.
- Click on iCloud.
- Click on Sign Out.
- The second part involves signing out of your Apple ID on iTunes and deauthorizing your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on Store in the top menu bar.
- First, click on Deauthorize This Computer…
- Then, click on Sign out.